Volunteers have been working on clearing the nettles on the river banks at Ladywell Fields! This is to make way for wild flowers to come up in the spring and summer. Some areas of nettles will be left for wildlife. If you would like to come along and help us, we will be working at Ladywell Fields by the cafe for the next two Tuesdays, meeting at 11am. Bring work boots and waterproofs!
Join Thames 21 for some fun clean up in the River Pool
Linear Park (Catford)
River Pool Conservation Days (Every Wednesday)
• Volunteer and discover the River Pool through Linear Park, Catford.
• Help shed more light on the river and improve its bio-diversity for plants and animals
• Maintain and improve the footpath along the river
• Build flow deflectors and berms in the river channel to increase flow diversity
• Other tasks include scrub removal, tree pruning and litter clearance
• All welcome, all equipment provided, just wear old clothes and bring lots of enthusiasm.
Every Wednesday, 10-3pm, stay as long as you like.
Tea provided all day
Meet 9.30 at Winsford Road Bridge on the Waterlink Way.
For more information on upcoming events please contact Vic Richardson
This Project is Sponsored by Lewisham Council